Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Adding Eggs to your Collage Nest

Are you ready to add some eggs to your collage nest?
Here is the nest that I created. The glue is dry and now I can make some eggs
 to put into the nest.
Here is a bag with some of my extra nesting materials:
I saved them because I may need to add them to the middle of my nest, 
depending on what type and color of eggs I decide to add to my nest.

Step 1: Look at these pictures of birds' eggs.
 Do you notice that these eggs are a similar shape? Most birds' eggs are oval. 
Eggs may be white, but they may be other colors as well.
Step 2: Choose a color of paper (or color a white piece of paper) for your eggs, decide how big you want to make your eggs, and then cut them out. 
I decided to first draw my eggs on pieces of paper.
Then I cut them out. Here are two ways to cut out your eggs.

You can decide how many eggs you would like to add to your nest. 
You might want to make one egg for each person in your family. 
Or you could make as many eggs as you are old (3 or 4).

Step 3: Would you like your eggs to have any dots or speckles or markings? If so, add these colors and spots to the eggs that you cut out.

Step 4 (Optional): I chose to make blue eggs and my background paper was blue, so I needed to add a little more nesting materials to my collage nest so that the blue eggs would be visible and would "pop out" on my collage.
Here are some photos that show what I did:
Step 5: Finally, use glue and and carefully place eggs that you have made, putting them in the middle of the collage nest that you created. 
Put your collage nest with eggs is a safe place to let the glue dry completely.