Today I am going to use some of the seeds in my Seed Collection for sorting and making patterns.
Here is my bag of seeds from last time.
I also found some lemon seeds (the little seeds) and another big avocado seed.
Maybe you have also found some more seeds at your home.
First I'm going to sort my seeds by size.
I lined them up from LITTLEST to BIGGEST:
I lined them up from LITTLEST to BIGGEST:
What patterns can I make using some of my seeds?
This pattern is LIGHT-DARK-LIGHT-DARK.
Can you see what my pattern is in the next photo?
This time the seeds are in a DARK-LIGHT-DARK-LIGHT pattern.
The next photo shows a counting pattern.
Could you tell that my pattern was TWO SEEDS ALIKE--TWO SEEDS ALIKE?
You can make patterns by asking any of these questions:
What SIZE of seeds do I have in my collection?
Big, little, big, little
Big, little, big, little
What TYPE/KIND of seeds do I have in my collection?
Lemon, lemon, almond, almond, lemon, lemon
What COLORS/SHADES of seeds do I have in my collection?
Brown, black, white, brown, black, white
What NUMBERS of seeds do I have in my collection?
Pear, pear, avocado, pear, pear, avocado




