Sunday, May 31, 2020

Group & Loop : Counting groups of 3

In our Drama story for today, do you remember how many bears there were?
How many bowls of porridge?
How many chairs?
How many beds?
Today we are going to think about
 the number 3!

You will need some small things at your home that you can pick up.

I choose Q-tips, buttons, pennies, and Duplo people:


Decide what item you want to group (put 3 items in a group) 
and loop (draw a circle around the group).
 I chose pennies.
Can you see my group of 3 pennies and my loop around the group of pennies?
Decide on the next item you want to group (3 items in a group) 
and loop (draw a circle around the group).
I chose buttons.
Can you see my group of 3 buttons and my loop around the group?
Decide on another item to group (3 items) and loop (draw a circle around the group).
I chose Duplo people.
Can you see my group of 3 and my loop around the group?
Ideas for extension and additional activities:
Group and loop all of the items of one type, making many groups and loops.
Mix-and-match items to group and loop: a penny, a button, a Duplo.
Group items by size: a group of 3 small buttons, 3 large buttons
Group items using another descriptor: shiny/dull, rough/smooth.

Be sure that you have 3 in each group that you loop.
Please share photos with Ms. Buckley!