In your bag of special school materials that you took home in March,
there should be something that looks like this:
This is called a 10-Frame.
Do you remember when you used a 10-Frame to count the small bears
that were in the bowl on the collage cart?
Or maybe you remember using a 10-Frame to count rocks?
Today you will use your 10-Frame to count the number of seeds (lima beans)
that you will plant!
I did not have any lima beans, so I found some other seeds (almonds) to count.
Here is how I counted them using the 10-Frame.
I put one seed in each section of the 10-Frame.
I covered the number with the seed.
When I had no more seeds, I checked to see what number was under the last seed.
I have FIVE seeds.
Next time, I will also count "up" as I place the seeds, and I will say
"One, Two, Three, Four, Five!" as I put the seeds on the numbers.
I wonder how many seeds (lima beans) you will count and plant today.
Keep your 10-Frame handy -- we will use it next week to count other seeds!







